COVID 19 risk assessment
Adhering to guidelines
Throughout the pandemic, Origins Therapy will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities, and my professional association, the Federation of Holistic Therapists, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
Origins have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
- identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus;
- think about who could be at risk;
- decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed; and to
- act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
Prior to seeing any of clients, Origins Therapists will be:
- monitoring there own health and deferring treatments if they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
- contacting clients in advance of their appointment and deferring any treatments if: they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; are shielding; anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 10 days; they have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace Service (or their country’s equivalent) and told to self isolate.
- asking clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
Origins have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, which includes washing and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches, and replacing any porous or single-use items, such as towels and couch roll. Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular handwashing/ sanitising.
Adapting or restricting treatments
It may be necessary for Origins Therapists to adapt or restrict certain treatments, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect my clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
Maintaining social distancing
Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, Therapists will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance whenever possible during the appointment, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment.
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because a client has COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
For more information…
Please use our contact form by clicking here.